Thursday, September 29, 2011

Running Fail

I've been running off and on for the past few years. I go through a period (like right now) where I run regularly, then I'll go through a time that I loathe it.
So I've been on a great running streak lately. I mean, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The runs range anywhere from 2-4 miles. That's it. I have mixed in a few small bridges in there and some sprints (thanks to my husband) at the end.




{After my 4.5 mile run with a bridge. See happy! Ha!}

So what's the point of this story, you ask. Well, this is it:


Yep. This is what my night looked like last night. Icing both knees. My right knee was super swollen. I haven't had this happen since college ( where I ran ALL the time). WTH!?!

Just when I'm getting into it! Looks like I'll be taking a few days off. Otherwise, according to my trainer husband, I'll be getting the swelling drained from
My knee. Uh, No Thank You!

Anyone have this problem too? Or recommend anything?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. You poor thing. I hope you get feeling better! I have never been a runner, but I am going to start training for a 5K in November. Wish me luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i'm so sorry you hurt your knee. but i sure am proud of you for the hard work you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete