Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All natural lip sugar scrub

Last weekend I was doing makeup for a bride and her bridal party. I remember when we were doing her trial run, her lips were SUPER dry. Unfortunately, my lip scrub I normally keep with me must have fallen out of my kit, so I had to improvise to make sure her lips were kissable (hee hee) for her wedding.
Good thing we were at her house, because I was able to whip up a quick scrub. It left her lips so nice and smooth that a few of the bridesmaids decided they needed to try the scrub as well.
Here is what I used:
a dab of MAC Lip treatment (amazing conditioning lip balm)
tiny bit of sugar

Rub the two together between your fingers and apply to the lip area. Rub the lip treatment into your lips, you can even blot your lips together. This will help disperse the treatment all over.
Do this for about a minute.
Take off the lip treatment with a wet cloth, then apply a moisturizing lip balm to contain the moisture on the lips. I used the MAC lip treatment, but another great one is Aquaphor.

Try this next time your lips get a bit dry and let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment