Monday, June 7, 2010

Wedding Day Makeup

Since we are officially in Wedding season, I thought I would post something for my bride's to be. These same rules apply if you are having professional photos taken or you are in a wedding party.

One of the most important things I discuss with my brides during their consultation is that this is not a day to try something new. You want to look like yourself when you walk down the isle. This is a day to emphasize your features, but in a natural way. You want to wear color, but not too much. Always remember the rule, if you are wearing color on your eyes, wear a nude/blush colored lip and vice versa.

Most important: Creating a flawless face! Do not wear heavy foundation if you are not used to wearing foundation at all. You need to wear some type of foundation on your face. Your makeup artist should be able to achieve a look and feel that you are comfortable wearing.

Stay away from glitter. In photographs, it looks like you have specks on your face. Shimmer and frost are different from glitter. You still want to use these sparingly.

To achieve the blushing bride look, you MUST use blush. This is critical as photography washes everyone out. I love adding a warm glow of peach or a pop of pink to my brides.

Eyes should look as natural as possible to create a classic and timeless look.

I love to add lashes to my brides. At the same time, I understand not all brides are used to a full strip of lashes. Adding individual lashes or a half strip will do the trick as well. These will make your eyes look bigger.

Last, but not least, lips. To ensure your lip color lasts through your nuptials and reception, use a lip primer first. Then add a lip liner a few shades darker than your natural color. Fill in your entire lip with the liner. After this step, you can either use a gloss or lipstick of your choice.

If you are not hiring a professional makeup artist for your wedding day or event, make sure you practice your look before the big day.

As always, if you have any questions, send me an email. I love answering my readers emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment